Who we are:
Cream Care refers to Cream I Limited, Cream II Limited, Cream III Limited, Cream IV Limited, Cream Holdings (Taunton) Limited and Cream Residential Care Limited.
Our website address is: http://creamcare.co.uk
About this Notice:
Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it.
We have compiled this notice to help you understand:
- How and why we collect information from you
- Who we share your information with and why
- What your rights are
What is changing?
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018 is a new EU law which changes the way in which information is managed. This comes into effect on the 25th May 2018 and is reflected in UK law in the Data Protection Act.
There are 8 Data Protection Principles which Cream follows.
Your information will be:
- Used fairly and lawfully
- Used for limited, specifically stated purposes
- Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
- Handled according to your data protection rights
- Kept safe and secure
- Not transferred outside the European Economic Areawithout adequate protection
How we use your information
The Data Protection Act states that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons (known as the lawful basis for processing):
- Consent: you have given clear consent for Cream to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with Cream, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for Cream to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Vital interest: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Public task: the processing is necessary for Cream to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for Cream’s legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
What information do we collect and why?
If you fill in a referral or application form from the website, we may collect the following information from you;
- Your name
- A contact phone number
- An email address
- Information about your role or the job you are looking for
- Information about the type of services you are looking for or the area you are looking to work in
- Other comments that you leave
We collect this because you have asked us to provide you with further information or wish to engage in an application process. Without these details, we would not be able to fulfil your request.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Cookies are small files stored on your computer or device when you have visited the Cream Care website. Although these files do not contain information such as your home address, date or birth or financial details, they do allow you to be recognised as a user, either for the time you spend on the website or whenever you revisit the website, depending on your computer settings.
Some cookies are essential for the website to perform a function for you, for example if you wish to request information or make a referral through a form on the site.
Other cookies are used to monitor how the site is used so that we can make improvements and keep it up to date.
You can choose not to allow cookies on your computer or device. The Information Commissioners Office can give you more information on how to do this (https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/).
If you opt out, some or all of the website may not work the way it was intended.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who else will see this information?:
We will not, without your prior consent, share your information with a third party unless legally obliged to do so or the requirement is already clearly set out in this privacy statement.
Examples of people we may need to share your information with are;
- Relevant employees of Cream Care who need to process or respond to your request.
- The Local Authority or Clinical Commissioning Group responsible for commissioning the care of your friend or relative (where applicable).
- Health or Social Care professionals involved in your friend or relative’s care (where applicable).
We will not transfer your information to countries outside of the European Economic Area (or share with third parties who do) without first ensuring that there are contract terms in place safeguarding the confidentiality and security of your information, which meet the requirements of UK Data Protection Law.
Visitor comments submitted through the website may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Can I withdraw my consent at any time?:
Where we have sought your consent to share your information, you can withdraw this at any time.
Access to your information and correction:
You have a right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us using the contacts at the end of this notice.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date at all times. You may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate or out of date.
Retention of your information:
We will only keep your information for as long as is necessary, in line with our legal obligations.
Contact form entries will be retained for six months, analytics records for a year and successful referral or application information for a period of 7 years after the date that it is no longer actively used.
There are some exceptions to this, for example:
- If there is an on-going investigation or an incident has occurred where future liability or claim timescales apply.
- Where you have requested to have your information deleted or erased before that time and there is no permitted reasons for Cream to keep it.
- In exceptional circumstances where a Court or Regulator requires Cream to keep your information for a longer or shorter period.
What data breach procedures we have in place:
Cream Care is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. Should an information security breach occur, the requirements of the ICO will be followed (go to www.ico.gov.uk for more information).
Cream Care provides regulated residential care services. As such, elements of the information gathered are subject to regulation under the Health and Social Care Act and other UK legislation.
If you would like further information about how we manage your information, please contact our head office on:
01823 272 633
More information can also be found via the Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk